Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What a busy couple weeks!

So I know I promised an update last week, and never got to it. Lucky for me, I don't think many people read this, and those that do probably weren't that disappointed. If you were disappointed, tough haha. These past couple weeks have been ridiculously busy, and I've been swamped with school, studying, Crossfit, and life.

Let's talk about this 90 Day Challenge. I have a couple things to report on how that's going.

Diet:
I've been struggling a bit with diet. I had an exam last week, and ended up cheating on meals a couple times. While they weren't crazy cheats, I still felt bad about it (and did my corresponding burpee punishments). I've also been having some trouble with the Zone, mostly because I'm finding it difficult to eat so much food most of the time, and my schedule has been quite friggin' hectic lately and I haven't been able to have stable eating schedules and such. Not an excuse, I know, but frankly, it's difficult. I have, however, been eating fruits and veggies like it's my job, which is a big improvement over my pre-new year diet. I've also been managing to eat healthy snacks (mostly the jerky I've been making, almond butter, and fruits) which has helped me to keep my insulin levels more stable, and thus helped me both physically and to keep me focused mentally, which is a nice plus. I've also been slacking on my food journal, and have decided to mostly give it up. I know that's not really a good thing, but frankly, it was taking up too much time and I was running out of patience with it. I also don't think I am going to continue with the Zone diet, and have decided to go mostly Paleo/Primal. This will, I believe, be a better fit for me in terms of lifestyle and overall nutrition.

In cooking news, I made more jerky this weekend. That was awesome. I made the Cajun flavor again, as well as a Jamaican Jerk-style recipe. That one turned out REALLY good! I'm definitely going to make those two again. I still haven't tried the dried fruits yet, because I forgot to buy them, but I'll try soon.


Training:
Overall I have been improving! I managed to perform my first Muscle Up, which is AWESOME! I've been working on it for a while now, and have finally done it! I've also been doing WODs Rx'd for the most part. Granted, my times are a bit higher, but I think I'm doing quite well. (Side note, I did a WOD on Friday which I thought wouldn't be too difficult, and ended up puking afterwards. I haven't worked that hard since high school. Now I know how hard I can push myself.) I feel great, and am looking forward to continuing my growth and development.

Overall:
I'm feeling pretty good. I had an exam last week, which went well, and then had a great/relaxing weekend. I've been working on plans for the next couple months in terms of schooling, studying, and the National Board Exams that I will have to take sometime in June (ugh). I'm working more on planning/scheduling which is something I'm usually not that good at. As of late, I'm really enjoying the atmosphere around the Crossfit box, which has undergone some major renovations/upgrades within the past month. I'm a fan. There have also been a bunch of new members around, including some classmates, which has been awesome. The new members seem pretty cool and hardworking. I'm excited to watch their progress as they work towards becoming fitter individuals.

That's it for now,

- Tommy


2 comments:

  1. Tommy - you are doing an incredible job... stepping it up to RX is impressive. Way to step it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People do read it!
    And I had the same problem with Zone. Just too much darn eating. It become obsessive, how I was to ever get all those blocks in. Glad you're feeling good. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete