Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 3 of the 90 Day Challenge: Oh it's ON!

So although today is technically day 3 of the 90 Day Crossfit Challenge, it's more like day 1 for me. I got a slow start to it because I was home for the holidays and traveling back screwed up my schedule and such. Not an excuse, just an explanation.

So today I hit my first WOD of the new year. It was 3 parts, max pullups, "Cindy" (which is 20 minutes of AMRAP [As Many Rounds As Possible] 5 pullups, 10 pushups, and 15 air squats), and then 24" box jump AMRAP in 2 minutes. I managed 33 pullups, which was disappointing for me because I felt like I could do at least another 10, but my grip gave out and I fell off the bar. Oh well, next time I'll do better!

This was not the first time I have done "Cindy". Within my first month or so of Crossfit, I did Cindy for the first time. At that point I managed to get through 13 rounds. Today I rocked out and crushed that, setting a new Personal Record (PR) with 16 rounds even. That's an extra 3 full rounds on my previous PR! I got through an extra 90 reps in the same allotted time! I then managed 35 box jumps in the 2 minute time frame. That should have been better, but Cindy tired me out quite a bit. My improvement in Cindy, however, shows the power of Crossfit training. I've only been Crossfitting for a couple months now, but have been able to see some great gains in terms of my aerobic, cardiovascular, and overall fitness and stamina and strength. I'm hooked!

Diet is going alright, this is the first time I'm trying the Zone diet, and I'm still trying to figure it out. I'll have more updates later. Feel free to leave tips, thoughts, and such in the comments!

-Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment