Thursday, January 5, 2012

90 Day Challenge - 5 Days Deep

Well, it has been 5 days since the start of this 90 Day Crossfit Challenge. So far I feel great! I have several things to talk about. I'll go with the negative stuff first so I can end on a positive note.

- I am having issues with following the appropriate amounts of food for the Zone Diet. It's not that I have problems with wanting to eat other stuff or sticking to the plan, it's that I have problems eating ALL of the food required. For example, yesterday's breakfast was this:
This was 6 eggs, 1 whole red onion, 1.5 cups of blueberries, 21 cherries, and 18 almonds. I realized in hindsight that this contained too many blocks of carbs, by 1, but still, it's a lot of food. Also on reflection, I could have substituted some other type of protein to cut down on the giant load of eggs, but I hadn't thought of that. Oh well. Live and learn, right? Right.

- I'm also finding that this is quite planning and time intensive and rather expensive. I am horrible at planning, and cooking and the like. Thanks to some help from Sarah and several others, I have been given some good advice on how to manage the time and cooking to minimize the time commitment. I've also been instructed in several ways to make my food healthier and incorporate other foods. Thanks everyone!

On to the good stuff..
I've made some serious improvements this week both mentally and physically. Today I hit a 1 rep max dead lift of 405lbs! That's 20lbs more than my previous PR and 25lbs more than twice my body weight! Saweeeet!!! Combine that with the PR I had doing "Cindy" on Tuesday and I've had one awesome week. I feel great! I'm thinking better, and my focus is much better! Nothing is going to stop me!

Oh, I've also decided to purchase a food dehydrator, which will allow me to make my own jerky and dried fruits and such. It should arrive within the next week so be sure come back to find out how my first jerky making experience goes.

That's all for now, folks.

-Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment