Monday, February 6, 2012

Excitement and Competition Ahead!

So I know, I don’t really blog much. I’m a busy guy doing important things, I’m sorry. Kidding. I am just really bad at sitting down and actually DOING something when I have a free moment. I feel like I’m on the go so much that when I get some down time I just completely turn into the laziest person alive. I will sit and stare at the wall sometimes, which can be a bit awkward. But here's what's going on with me now

Anyways, I want to write about some stuff that’s been important to me lately. I’ve had a really good couple weeks in terms of a lot of things. I’ve been PR’ing left and right when it comes to lifts. For example, I hit both a 245lb split jerk PR and a 245lb squat clean in the last week or so. I can’t wait to put those together into a clean and jerk. As I mentioned in my last post, I hit my first muscle up a couple weeks ago. I have now managed to string together 3 in a row, and am that much closer to my goal of being able to do 10 in a row by the end of this 90 Day Challenge. I’m stoked.

I’m going to be competing in a Crossfit event or “throwdown” this weekend. It will be my first time competing in anything Crossfit related, and will by my first time competing in any sort of athletic event since high school. This should be interesting. Here are my thoughts on it:

1. There will be competitors from all over the Northeast competing, some (probably most of them) with much more time Crossfitting than me. Some of them are well-known competitors, others are not, but all are ambitious and hopeful. Their experience will do them well, but my inexperience might help me push myself harder (and thus do better) than perhaps I previously could have thought possible. Who knows, we shall see though.
2. I’m slightly nervous about this competition. I’ve never done more than one WOD in a day, let alone 4 in one day. Usually I’m exhausted after one WOD. I’m both excited and worried to see how I fare. No matter what, the days following the event should be interesting in terms of recovery.
3. I know I’m strong, but my cardiovascular/aerobic conditioning is still not what I would like it to be. I have no idea what the WODs will entail, but I hope that the number of movements remains low or I will be seriously sucking wind over the course of the day.
4. I’M EXCITED! I really want to do well this weekend. I can’t wait this should be nothing if not a good time.

I need to make sure I am mentally prepared for this endeavor. It will severely test not only my body but my mind as well. I can only pray that my mental fortitude will be strong enough, as it has not been tested in this manner before. I will not hesitate. I will not falter. I will not fail. I. WILL. TRIUMPH!!

Boom!

Until next time,

- Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment